This is inspiring for sure! I gave up chocolate for Lent this year, and am trying to be healthier overall. I have noticed that I am not as interested in consuming chocolate, and sweets in general, now that Lent is over. My goal is to continue limiting my sweet intake and live as healthy as possible. 🙂 (Of course the occasional piece of pie and my sister’s banana bread cannot be avoided, but this is just a goal.) Happy eating!
1. Sugar is in A LOT of things. It’s pretty gross actually.
2. It’s incredibly difficult to eat at many restaurants without being that person who has to ask a ton of questions and basically change the ingredients of what you finally do order.
3. We should all probably be that person more for the sake of our health.
4. Some people will somehow start to feel that your food choices are about making them feel inadequate.
5. Alcohol is not as hard to give up as I thought it might be in the social context. Just always try to hold a glass of water so people will leave you alone.
6. If people are used to seeing you drink, your (temporary) sobriety will make them uncomfortable for whatever reason.
7. Whether it’s in food or drink, there was some FBI-type questioning as to why I was really giving…
View original post 1,090 more words